How exciting! My blog is only a few month’s old and I’ve been nominated for the The Sunshine Award from Feasting With Friends. Thank you so much for the nomination! The Sunshine Awards is a virtual “pat-on-the-back” for creative and positive blogs that inspire you and bring “sunshine” to your world. I strive to do this in my writing, so this type of appreciation means a lot!! 🙂 Nancy provided me with the questions to answer, so here it goes!
- What is your dream job? A literature professor.
- What is your favorite dish to make? A delicious steak dinner. Steak grilled in the great outdoors, a loaded baked potato, some crispy grilled vegetable, and cobbler a la mode for dessert!
- What was one of your 2014 resolutions? To get my blog up and running and be more diligent in writing every day. Success so far!
- If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would you go and why? Bavaria. This is the region that my father’s side of the family is originally from and I would love to immerse myself in the culture and become more in tune with my roots, my heritage, and what makes me me.
- List 5 facts that many people don’t know about you. Very rarely do I ever have unpainted toes; in over 8 years my husband has seen them without polish once. Thanks to my husband, I’m a huge fan of Maynard James Keenan, which surprises most people as the don’t associate me with such “heavy” music. I’m German, but I absolutely abhor mustard. I’ll occasionally indulge in a cigarette. I can pick things up with my toes. 🙂
- What is your favorite cuisine? This is hard, depends on my mood! German, Hungarian, or Mexican.
- What do you enjoy most about blogging? The community! I absolutely love finding new blogs that inspire and motivate me and getting that feedback in return. It is so uplifting to know that your work is appreciated! I also enjoy the routine of regular blogging as it forces me to write on a regular basis aside from my other creative pieces. Keeps it interesting!
- How do you cope with stress? Wine! And that occasional nasty vice listed above…
- If you could have a coffee date with any celebrity chef, who would it be? Gordon Ramsay! I absolutely love, love, love him!
- If you could eat any food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, what would it be? A full breakfast complete with eggs, bacon, and delish seasoned potatoes!
I selected my nominees based on poetry or other writing that I find to be uplifting, motivational, and inspiring!
My nominees for The Sunshine Award are:
Rules for the Sunshine Award:
1. Thank the person who nominated me.
2. Answer questions given to be by the person who nominated me.
3. Nominate 5-10 people for the award and supply them with questions to answer.
4. Comment on the nominee’s blog with a link to let them know they received the award.